Issue 52 of More Than Meets the Eye has been out for over 48 hours, so I feel it’s ok to start discussing what’s going on! It’s been three issues since this arc has started, and we have only three issues left before the cement hardens around our pitiful hearts.
First let’s take a look back at some of my predictions following issue 50 and how they have stacked up so far.
- Ratchet and Drift will return to the Lost Light, post mutiny.
- Potentially still correct. What I didn’t predict was that they would arrive on Necroworld first, but man, was I glad to be wrong. Their return almost brought this Collecticon to tears! I never thought I’d be rooting for fucking Drift!
- Perceptor, Riptide, and Thunderclash will conspire against Getaway’s mutiny and regain control of the ship.
- Potentially still correct. It really seems like the mutiny is being used as a way to shift the narrative in a big way, at least for now, and potentially indefinitely.
- Sunder will be instrumental in regaining control of the ship.
- Potentially still correct. Like above, the fate of the Lost Light and it’s fallout remain to be seen.
- Members of Team Rodimus will die.
- Potentially still correct. The bodies haven’t hit the floor yet, but they be hittin’ soon. Incidentally, the only deaths have been fodder Decepticons and one very prominent member of the DJD.
- Tarn’s identity will be revealed when he comes face to face with Skids.
- Potentially still correct. Tarn’s identity continues to teeter-totter it’s way into the dialogue. What is currently unclear is if the Transformers at large are aware of his identity or not. Although I was a spear-header of the Tarn = Roller movement, at this point I believe Roller is a red herring.
- Ten’s pre-legislator identity will be revealed before his imminent cannon-fodder death.
- Potentially still correct. Ten appeared to be our first major casualty of the story, but luckily he evaded death at the last second. He sustained some heavy injuries though, and we’ll see if he makes it. The bit about his identity may not be important at all though.
- Organics will be involved in the final battle.
- Potentially still correct. Now that Overlord has returned, many wonder who brought him back to life. There’s only one son of a bitch I can think of that would’ve been able to fix him up, and that’s Pharma who is probably hanging out with Mr. Tentacles. Are Overlord’s benefactors the same guys with the green symbol that have been experimenting with techno-organics? It’s quite possible, and it’s still unclear who exactly is who.
- The Fate of Megatron.
- ?? This one was less of a prediction and more of a cliff-note. He’s almost bought it already and he continues to maintain his pacifism, which is touching. What’s also touching is that giant VERY BLACK hole in his chest that if you go back to issue 28, you might remember it has some significance… I think Megatron will survive, I hope he does. He needs to.
So I guess my analysis is still up for debate. I was wrong about some details, but we have 3 more issues to see how the chips fall. The main mistake I made was thinking the resulting fate of The Lost Light would tie into this story, but it’s clear we are firmly planted on Planet Necrobot for the remainder of this story arc.
So let’s reset the board and create some NEW predictions!!!
- Tarn will completely unravel, and this will lead to in-fighting amongst the Decepticons. The arrival of Overlord has thrown Tarn’s power balance completely off. The big guy does what he does best and gets right under Tarn’s skin. The dialogue between the two is solid gold, and Deathsaurus’s demeanor is also very telling. After watching Tarn execute one of his nearest and dearest right in front of him, I can imagine everyone slinking off quietly to have an awkward conversation. The question is just who will turn on who? Will Deathsaurus stick with Overlord and leave the DJD on their own? Will Overlord complete his mission and then turn on everyone else? Will Tarn go back to his old ways and re-instate “the list” once the seige ends? I cannot wait to see how this plays out and speaking of Overlord…
- Pharma was instrumental in nursing Overlord back to health. He’s the only MF that could’ve put humpty back together again, in my opinion. The fact that he made a guest appearance in Sins of the Wreckers might have just been a coincidence, but I doubt it. Whomever this mystery team is, I believe Pharma is on their payroll.
- Someone on Team Rodimus will break rank and use the teleporter to flee like a coward. My inkling is that Brainstorm might bail, but it could also be Whirl or even Swerve. Who is the biggest coward? I’m pretty sure it was peer pressure that got everyone to stay and when the bombs start falling, the true self will come out.
- The black hole in Megatron’s chest will be integral to the plot. Team Rodimus already has a personal teleporter that could get them off the planet, so why would they need Megatron’s portal? His chest wouldn’t get those bodies out of the basement any better than the original teleporter either. I just think it’s awfully fishy that there is a big gaping hole in his chest…
It’s difficult to start guessing who will die and how. Now that Overlord has shown up, (which I did consider as a possibility!) it’s almost impossible to guess what happens next.
In closing, I’d like to give props to whomever combined these two images. Ravage piloting a ship is possibly ushering in a new epoch of Transfandom.