And here is part two of the highlights to the incredible first draft of Transformers: The Movie.
* Hotrod crashes into Quintessa’s sea. He finds the robo-squid tearing Kup apart. Same thing as the final film here including Kup’s repair. No Ali-cons, just Sharkticons. As the Sharkticons lead them away they use cattle prod like devices to shock them. The leader continues saying something which Kup translates as “we eat”.
* The Quintessons are described differently. They have frail bodies but large heads and so have metal frames on their shoulders to hold their heads up. Kranix is now Granix and there are other prisoners besides him in the cell. Granix is a bot made of a granite and stone….a Rocklord? After describing where they are and the Quintessons’ heads (pointing out only 4 are normally seen), a group of Sharkticons enter the cell to take Granix away. He pleads for his life (and we hear Lithone is made of marble). Hotrod and Kup attack to try and save him but are detained. The lead Quintesson flips to his fifth face, the Death’s head and sentences Granix to death. No tank, instead 4 Sharkticons surround him. Granix uses a cattle prod destroying two of them, but the other two eat him.
* Ultra Magnus and the others crash on Junkion and start repairing, while in view of the Junkions.
* The Dinobots are seen walking around when a Sharkticon takes a bite out of Grimlock. He shakes it off and the Sharkticon runs for the main Quintesson building. Upon entering they are greeted by the Quint leader who politely welcomes them but says their friends are not here. A few questions later Grimlock says goodbye to “Many Face Thing” and they leave.
* Ingestor continues to suck up energy and Unicron increases in size. It’s trees and grass becoming more vibrant. Galvatron arrives and starts kissing ass but then says he will not allow the consumption of Cybertron. Ingestor tortures him and orders the Decepticons to Junkion, saying the Autobots survived. Unicron eats another moon and increases in size again.
* The Quints sentence Hotrod and Kup but Hotrod manages to get ahold of one of the prods and destroys the surrounding guards and Sharkticons. He then corners the lead Quint with the prod staff against it’s neck, while Kup is on the main floor with Sharkticons in front of him.
* The Dinobots are now in the Quintesson mountains, where they were told “their friends may be”. Finding nothing they now encounter Wheelie. Same thing, back to the building.
* Hotrod threatening the Quint judge throws him to the arena floor. The Quint laughing at him and orders their execution. Hotrod and Kup fend of some more Sharkticons but are then cornered. Swoop flies in and Grimlock busts down the door. The Dinobots and freed prisoners start fighting back. The Quints now outnumbered, the prisoners take control, led by a giant glass bot. Wheelie points out the ship and they leave.
* After repairing the shuttle the Decepticons attack the Autobots. The battle plays out roughly the same. Additions include Ultra Magnus taking on the coneheads, and Daniel fusing Astrotrain’s hands together and mouth shut. Once the Autobots take cover, Perceptor uses a smokescreen and clones of themselves to fool the Cons. Galvatron and some Cons pursue Ultra Magnus as the others destroy the clones. UM fighting through many Decepticons is now battered, one arm useless. Galvatron transforms and blasts Ultra Magnus to pieces. He then uses a saw tool to cut open UM’s chest cavity and takes Prime’s spark. Galvatron orders his troops back to Earth so they can stop the energy transfer.
* The Junkions attack, but with other road warrior vehicles and not just transforming into motorcycles. They seem more violent and corner the Autobots. Threatening to use blow torches on them just as the Quint ship comes flying by. Hotrod lands and they exit with him holding energon pretzels. The universal greeting, dancing, and Magnus’ repair play out the same. Magnus says he can no longer lead since he doesn’t have Prime’s spark. The others look to Springer but Hotrod pops in with some encouraging words. Kup says he’s grown. The Autobots and Junkions lift off for Unicron.
* Back at Unicron, Galvatron says he’s done all of Ingestor’s bidding and would like out of their agreement. Ingestor refuses saying they are his for eternity. Galvatron threatens to use a thermo charge to detonate Unicron’s core. The planet sucks up the last of the energy and transforms. Seeing as this Unicron looks nothing like the final version you’ll have to imagine what it looks like. Galvatron pleas again only to end up on Ingestor’s tree trunk eyebrows.
* Ingestor begins his attack. He sweeps the planet with his hand. Eats Shockwave and building debris. Thundercracker and Skywarp mount a counterattack with laser cannons, but are then devoured along with their weapons fire. The shuttles approach, Dinobots and Junkions exiting hatches. They all attack with Ingestor swiping at them. A few pages in Hotrod buries the Quint ship into Ingestor. Hotrod then flies into his ear as the others fight on. The battle outside seems more slapstick than anything. Daniel even getting alot of offense on Ingestor. While Hotrod battles the internal defenses inside.
* Ingestor speaks out to Galvatron who is still holding on to his eyebrow. Says to go in and stop the intruder. Ingestor forces Galvatron through his eye socket. Hotrod and Galvatron fight. The battle seeming a little similar to the one Prime and Megatron had. Hotrod grabs hold of the bottle around Galvatron’s neck which contains Prime’s spark. Optimus speaks out and the light of his spark bathes Hotrod who transforms into Rodimus Prime. Galvatron fires on him then tackles Rodimus as they crash through walls. He continues to bash Rodimus as they enter Ingestor’s stomach cavity. Inside they see Cybertron’s moons, other planets, space vechicles, etc all webbed up and being digested. Galvatron looks to deliver the final blow to Rodimus when he struck by laser fire coming from Jazz and Cliffjumper. Rodimus counters back and is ready to destroy Galvatron, before Galvy exclaims he is truly Megatron and grabs Rodimus’ throat.
* Rodimus frees himself from the grasp and the bottle with Prime’s spark breaks free. Optimus speaks once more and the energy from his spark begins to destroy Ingestor from within. Ingestor begins ripping himself apart trying to get at Prime’s spark. Part of the stomach wall blows open. Galvatron, debris, and the ship containing Jazz and CJ are shot out. Rodimus is about to evacuate when he hears voices. Turns out there are still Autobots on 2 of the moons inside Ingestor. Rodimus manages to hurl them out during the destruction. Prime’s spark speaks one last time as it dissipates and Ingestor explodes. Rodimus flying out from the remaining debris. The Autobots cheer as he flies off towards Cybertron.
I want to once again thank Air Hammer of Bottalk.com for allowing me to post his great summary. Enjoy!