Was just sent this by good old Jason Blue Boost:
“Transformers 3” will be filming a various downtown locations the week of July 26th with minimal impact to traffic.
The use of pyrotechnics and special effects will occur at the following locations:
July 27, 7:00pm – 10:00pm
401 N. Wabash
· Flame effects and smoke will be used on adjacent building rooftops along the Chicago River between Wabash & Columbus
· Flame effects on boats in the Chicago River
· Flame effects on cars on the Columbus Street bridge and Wacker Drive
· Helicopter will be hovering over the Chicago River in the vicinity
July 28, 7:00am-10:00am
201 E. Randolph
* Smoke & flame effects in the vicinity of the Cloud Gate sculpture
July 28, 10:00am-9:00pm
(lower level parallel to Columbus between Jackson & Balbo)
* Smoke and simulated explosions near Jackson, Van Buren & Balbo
The Chicago Fire Department and Chicago Police Department will be on site to manage public safety and supervise all use of special effects and pyrotechnics. Intermittent traffic control of adjacent street and sidewalks is to be expected.