I’m here. I made it this morning.
I was lucky enough to attend the customizing class being held this morning. Apparently things ran more smoothly than ever before today. Wow, it’s hard to believe small children in China churn these figures out en-masse!!!
Anyway, until I get full internet access, this will suffice. For now please, FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER for consistent updates.
Here are some things I can reveal after ‘strategically’ over-hearing some things by Botcon staff in the lobby:
- Shattered Glass two pack attendee exclusive: Shattered Glass Galvatron + Shattered Glass Thundercracker. This is the Cybertron Evac and Classics seeker mold. THIS IS GOING TO BE THE HOT SET!
- Animated Sideswipe is part of the set.
- Other options for the custom class figure were the Animated Rodimus & Animated Jazz molds, since they were the only others that were availble to the club to use for this purpose.
- Rodimus as Sunstreaker was considered for the custom class figure, but ultimately the Arcee mold was chosen due to it’s simplicity. Rodimus is a very complex mold.
- “The Stunti-con Job” name for the Botcon 2011 Comic is meant to be a play on “The Italian Job,” a caper / heist movie.